Input lag with Video iPod

Shookster

Registered
I used to own an iPod Photo a year or so ago, and recently purchased a 60 GB Video iPod. I've noticed that the screen seems to lag more than my old Photo.

For example, I find it easier to browse songs by playing them and skipping to the one I want rather than using the wheel and the button due to a lack of precision with them. This was no problem on my Photo. However, the lag means that the song starts playing 2 or 3 seconds before the title appears, so I often end up skipping past the song that I want. I know there will obviously be a delay as the file loads, but the delay was never this long with my iPod Photo.

There seems to be a 2 or 3 second delay on all input such as the hold switch. There is about 10 or 15 second delay when I eject it from my machine as well. Does anyone else get this?

Hm. That sounds bad. I certainly hope this isn't a flaw of _all_ video models, since that'd be a dealbreaker for me. Have you tried to totally reset your iPod using the software updater for the iPod? You lose everything by doing that and have to synch your entire library again afterwards, but it sometimes solves the little quirks...

I don't get the input delay issue, but the lag on the screen is actually a common problem. I have not come across one iPod video owner who does not complain about the lag. It varies, on mine it's not so bad, but a friend's iPod is so slow, it's awful.

Convert said:
I don't get the input delay issue, but the lag on the screen is actually a common problem. I have not come across one iPod video owner who does not complain about the lag. It varies, on mine it's not so bad, but a friend's iPod is so slow, it's awful.

It's strange though... I tried out one of the games to see whether the lag made it unplayable, but there was no lag at all. Weird. Hopefully there'll be a firmware update soon.

what the hell(sorry moderators ) is that supposed to mean apples products are better than all others they are the best value for money. i have had experince with allot of audio products and the apple ones have been the best by far.

What does slagging off apple do to help him anyway

SuperTyphoon said:
IT is laggy when scrolling, but it's an Apple product so i'm not surprised. But the video capabilities and spacious hd make up for it.

SuperTyphoon said:
IT is laggy when scrolling, but it's an Apple product so i'm not surprised. But the video capabilities and spacious hd make up for it.

I didn't buy it for the video capabilities. I bought it for music but I wanted a large disk, so that ruled out the Shuffle and Nano.

Back