Installed Mac OS 10.1.3 and now no mouse

davewaller

Registered
It did seem to hang at one point of the install I waited 30 minutes for it to finish and it never did so I did something that I am now regretting. I rebooted it with out lettting the update finish.

Now it boots up and I get to the desktop. However the mouse does not work. I can shut down and the keyboard works, but w/o a mouse any flavor of MacOS is virtually worthless.

How can I reinstall the update? I am sure that the file that I downloaded is still on the hard drive.

Are there any key commands to get to the menu bar?

I really don't want to reinstall from scratch.

I also had problems with the 10.1.3 upgrade which crashed durng software update. It effectively corrupted the system so that I had to do a complete wipe and re-install. Anyway, that is not the problem. I have a USB mouse working through a PCI card. 10.1.3 was supposed to fix sleep issues with these, but now, when starting, the USB mouse is inactive, and I have to unplug the mouse and plug back in to get it to work.

Anyone else seen this? Any fixes out there in Appleland?

Andrwe

Don't know if this is related or not but after I installed 10.1.3 everything on one of my two USB ports (conected to a Dr Bott hub, keyboard, mouse and iSub) stopped working one day after waking from sleep. Plugged the keyboard/mouse into the other port and it worked fine. I rebooted and everything is ok now.

help. i was upgrading a friends iBook and now the mouse wont work under 10.0.3. HELP! HELP! HELP!

Twister

Back