Installing a new screensaver?

Melmoth

Registered
Hi, I'm totally new to OSX (I left the Dark MS side!) and I'm now trying to install a recently downloaded screensaver.
However, if I look into my system preferences, I don't see it in the screensaver list, although I've put into user/library/screensaver...
Should I put the screensaver somewhere else?

Please assist!?

M

You could also put it in /Library/Screen Savers. What exactly did you put in ~/Library/Screen Savers? You should just put the .saver file in there (unless the saver also has some configuration files that need to be in the same directory). have you tried logging out and logging back in? Sometimes this helps.

The "list" of all the user's available screen savers is located in System Prefs > Screen Savers (Screen Effects on Jaguar)

That's also where you can cofigure the options and change screen savers.

Thanks ladz. I found it out already by myself. OSX keeps on surprising me how easy a workstation can be (must be). Especially after the 4 wasted years of I had to work with Windows... :p

Later,

M

I always put screensavers in the users' library/screensavers folder. Sometimes this means having two copies of the screensaver in different users' directories (one for me, one for my wife) but that way I and my wife can have the system configured the way we like without mucking about with the other's settings. This is one of the things I really like about OS X. But, I guess it depends on your own preferences and if you have more than one user...

Back