Installing FCP Upgrade

HyperLiteG4

Registered
I own Final Cut Pro upgrade to 3.0....now with 10.2 out, what I want to do it a clean install with 10.2 and with no classic support at all. But in order for me to run the updater for FCP, an older version of FCP must be installed and have the prefs in the 9.2 system folder.

Anyone know how I can get around this without having to put 9.2 on my system?

thanks!

Although that classic envir. is a dead issue as mentioned at the WWDC this year reality is it going to be with us for some time and needed for some time thanks to idiots like (Quark) If you plan to wipe your drive clean I would suggest a dual partition one being a minimal 1.5GB or 2GB drive for OS 9.x.x this way if you need the classic envir. you have it available and a work around for such issues as the FCP one...

do you have two partitions? this is not the answer you're looking for, but you could temporarily install os9 on one partition and then delete it after you have fcp3 installed.

the fcp3 updater is really really picky...i doubt you'll be able to fake it out.

This stupid installer issue is exactly why I keep a few pirated version of key apps around even though I have the legit version upgrades as well.

Back