Installing os x v10.2 on 10.0.4 disk

fatfish

Registered
Still Having problems

Unfortunately, fellas Im still having problems upgrading.

Since the last thread I re-partitioned my drive into 3. formated to hfs plus.

Partition 1: 12 Gig OS 9.2.2 all firmware upgrades
Partition 2: 10 gig OS 10.0.4 installed fine on drive
Partition 3: Auxdrive

I installed 10.0.4 on part 2 seamlessly. but when I put the 10.2 upgrade disk, the point where I pick the drive partition to install the os it says I cannot upgrade this version of os10.

So I'm thinking how do I upgrade 10.0.4? I thought I could use the Mac OS X v 10.2 Upgrade disc to do this. I'm lost here. still looking for more suggestions and help before I throw this thing out of the window!

The upgrade CDs work only from 10.1.
It probably makes more sense to do clean install of 10.2, or archive-install - but not from upgrade-cds. Or using upgrade-cds, you'll need first to upgrade to 10.1.x.

A friend who bought a Mac with the first OS x on it wants to upgrade it to Jaguar.
To do this, will she have to put on every version that's been released since then?

I gather we can't just do a clean install with Jaguar?? I've got a disk with 10.1.2 and 10.2.3 We're not at all sure how to approach this upgrading process.

Thank you. I've been reading on the forums but haven't located an answer to my dilemna.
Peg

You can do a clean install of 10.2. fatfish had the upgrade cd of 10.2, and that is for systems that came with 10.1. If you buy Jaguar (10.2), you will get the CDs that allow you to do the clean install, or archive and install, or whatever you prefer on the 10.0.x as well.

bearpaw: If you have an installer for 10.1.x, use it first to upgrade her current (presumably 10.0.x) system and then use the Jaguar updater on top of that.

Back