installing php, mods and configuring

garrett_44

Registered
Hi all

Having lots of problems and as a result have quite a few questions which i've been trying to solve for several days now so.

I have installed php 4.3.2 on my osx apache server and it works fine for several months now using Marc Liyanage's pre made installer (http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/). I need to upadate php to 4.3.4 and at the same time install some mods like GD and Freetype. Now the first problem i'm having is that Marc's new installer does'nt seem to install over the previous one (as he states on the site) and i think it has installed correctly but at a different path and apache is still picking up the old path - with a situation like this if php installs in a new location is there a .ini file or a .conf file somewhere which i need to point to the right version of php? if so how do i go about this?

my second main question is i'm using fink to install mods like gd for me as its fairly intuitive but it fails to explain if you need to configure the php.ini to pick them up if i need to

./configure '--with-gd'

in the terminal (incidently i tried this but am i configuring apache's .conf or php's .ini? and why does the terminal tell me ./configure is an unrecognised command?)

if somebody could point me in the right direction to get the newest version of php running, explain to me what needs to be done to install a mod using fink (in case i'm missing a step) and configure php to use it i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks in advance.
gar

Back