Internet Access Delay

hoodcj1

Registered
Hi,

I have a real problem accessing the internet from my iMac. I have tried Safari, Opera & Firefox (all current versions) and there is always a 30 second delay before the internet page is displayed. I also have a MacBook accessing the same internet connection via AE and it does not suffer any delay!

I have cleaned the system with Onyx, removed unwanted languages with Multilingual and also removed unwanted printer drivers. Everything else appears to be functioning normally - iPhoto boots up when I connect a camera; iTunes loads when I connect an iPhone; and the printer works.

It has only happened in the last 48hrs, and I have not downloaded any new applications, movies etc, or access Limewire - or similar.

Thank you

Do you have a fast internet connection? It sounds as though the connection is to blame and whether or not it's the line is hard to say .... do you have your modem very far from the telephone connection point?

All I can really think of is to suggest you use another user account for a while ... if you only have one account you can easily create another from System Preferences.

Is there a specific website you have troubles with or does this lag interfere with any website you try to view?

Back