Internet Share

garymum4d

Idiot
I have 2 macs running 10.2.2 and are airport equiped, How do i set up internet sharing? I have set the base machine to share its internet connection with airport and Ethernet but I do not know how to set up the remote machine to share the connection? (both macs connect to each other fine with airport and ethernet):confused:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST A REPLY

On the "client" machine, you should just have to tell it to use DHCP, and then you should be able to use the shared connection.

Don't know what i'm doing wrong but it don't seem to work

1. mac 1, connected to internet via modem. Network set up as "AirPort" configured manually. IP = 192.168.254.62, Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0, Router= Blank, DNS Servers = Blank and Search Domains = Blank. Internet file sharing is set to ON and Share connection with AirPort / Ethernet boxes are checked

2. Mac 2, Network set up as "Airport" configured Using DHCP. An IP, Subnet mask and Router are filled in automaticly.

When I Launch Internet Explorer 5.1 I get an ERROR box with "The specified server could not be found" This happens for all URL's

What do I do next???

Yes.
Mac Connected to the net has a fixed IP of 10.0.2.1 with subnet 255.255.255.0

remote Mac has IP "Using DCHP with manual IP address" with the IP set to 10.0.2.2 (10.0.2.3 for the next mac on the network and so on)

I created the AirPort network on the Mac connected to the internet.
And thats it.. all remote Macs will connect to the net providing they are picking up the AirPort Network created from the first mac

Cool

Your problem is that your clients need DNS entries to find hosts on the net with their domain names. You have to configure DNS entries on your clients, what the DHCP server don't do.

It may do fine, since the server has its DNS set correctly. But you can also (and it should be faster) directly input your provider's DNS adresses.

Back