IP Address won't go away

helper

Registered
Changed my ISP and changed the servers main IP but on the ethernet interface en0 in the server admin it still shows up with the new IP address also. What I am missing?
Thanks

OS X Server 10.4.5

Did you use the changeip command included in Mac OS X Server to do this, or did you just change the IP in the System Preferences GUI?

man changeip - if not. :)

Michael

Just in System Preferences: Network. Where is the changeip command included in Mac OS X Server?
Thanks

yes. In root: I typed: changeip - 69.217.220.145 192.168.1.200.
No change, do i need something different since I have 2 nic cards, the build in one and 1 in the slot.
Thanks

So, the IP address of your servers is hardcoded into many configuration files. What change IP does is goes through the associated files, finds the old IP in the files and replaces it with the new IP. Also, if you have changed the hostname, you'll want to include that. You may even want to consider including a hostname change, where you supply the same hostname twice. For example, if your server was xserve.home.net and had an IP of 10.0.0.5, but now you want it to still be xserve.home.net, but 192.168.1.5, you could do:

sudo changeip 10.0.0.5 192.168.1.5 xserve.home.net xserve.home.net

Of course, if this server was hosting an OD domain, make sure to include that information as well.

Back