iPhone 3G movies problem

guyeva

Registered
So I'm trying to put an MP4 movie on my iPhone 3G that was on there before, but I deleted it, or so I thought. It will not go onto the phone, at all, and when I look at the phone in iTunes and go to movies it's there, unchecked in the grayed out box with other movies I removed from the phone, but are still there in the grayed out box that I can do absolutely NOTHING with.

I don't see the utility of a window you can do nothing with, that has movies in it that you can in no way do anything with, and which prevents you from putting the movies back on the phone. I can't see the movies on the phone at all, only in iTunes, which shows them there but grayed out. Huh???

How do I deal with this? I just want to be able to manage the video on my phone but it seems impossible to do anything at all with it. I tried clicking on SYNC MOVIES in iTunes, but then it threatened to delete all songs, movies, and TV shows on my phone and replace it with everything in iTunes, which will not fit on the phone. That's just nuts! Why does it have to delete all my songs? I don't get this at all.

Is there a way to deal with this grayed out movies window for my iPhone in iTunes?

I've heard you can unsync videos but I've not been able to find out how to do it, or even if it will help.

In another forum someone said that if you view your movie files as a list in iTunes and control_click on them, it will offer you a convert to iPod format choice, but that doesn't work at all on my machine, no such choice appears.

I seem to have hit a brick wall here.

I'm on a PowerMac G4 running Leopard.

Last edited:
Back