Iphone 5 With 8.3 - Can I Still Get Incremental Updates?

rickself

Registered
Hey all - I want to wipe my iPhone 5 to get rid of the Mail program that bloomed to 8gigs without any email! I know I can back it up and clean it that way but I'd like to incrementally update the OS. Is this even possible to find older updates? Can I run OS9 on 16gigs? Because of the 8gig mail app, I can't update automatically.

Incremental meaning one update at a time until you get to the latest your phone can handle ? No. It will take you to the most recent update without all the steps in between.

Incremental meaning one update at a time until you get to the latest your phone can handle ? No. It will take you to the most recent update without all the steps in between.
So I could wpe the iPhone 5 and update to OS9 if I can find it. That's my issue - finding the updates BEFORE whatever is the latest. I din't need all the fingerprint and iWatch stuff. I just want is my 5 updated so I can get rid of the memory hogging Mail that came with 8.3. I have NO email in my mailbox, used iBackupBot, and email app still takes 8 gigs!!

Connect your phone to your computer that has iTunes installed. iTunes will back it up, then download and install the latest your phone is capable of handling. You should be able to install iOS 9 on it.

Back