iPhone original model refuses to take pictures

alra111

Registered
Recently, I tried to take a picture, I believe from the Facebook app directly. The phone crashed and froze. A friend helped me restart it. Everything has worked fine since, except for taking pictures. The shutter opens but the viewfinder remains blank. Also, the camera button is greyed out and will not even allow me to take a picture of the blank screen.

Sound familiar? Any suggestions?

Alra111

Hi Alra

Have you restarted since first time and tried taking a photo?
If it does not work then I would suggest a backup and complete restore
Ed

Of course it _could_ actually be the hardware at fault, and FaceBook crashing while taking a photo could have been an effect of the hardware failing rather than the reason for your current problem.

I, too, would suggest a complete restore, but for testing purposes, I'd set it up as a new phone on another Mac or PC before restoring your backup, since maybe the problem actually resides in your phone's data/settings somewhere.

If it's hardware, there's not much you can do if it's out of warranty. If so, I'd simply keep using it, until you can get a new one for cheap (i.e. when your contract's up for renewal).

Of course it _could_ actually be the hardware at fault, and FaceBook crashing while taking a photo could have been an effect of the hardware failing rather than the reason for your current problem.

I, too, would suggest a complete restore, but for testing purposes, I'd set it up as a new phone on another Mac or PC before restoring your backup, since maybe the problem actually resides in your phone's data/settings somewhere.

If it's hardware, there's not much you can do if it's out of warranty. If so, I'd simply keep using it, until you can get a new one for cheap (i.e. when your contract's up for renewal).
Thank you very much for the suggestions. If it's hardware, I'll probably just wait till the new model comes out in the summer.

Back