iPhoto directory

Airbrush

Registered
Hallo, a silly question about iPhoto.

I want to store all my photos in an other directory (than default /pitures), can anybody help me?
Where can I change this?

It depends on how you want to store your photos. If you are trying to get rid of the messy directory sturcture that iPhoto uses, there is an app called iPhoto Library Manager that can apparently help with that.

http://homepage.mac.com/bwebster/iphotolibrarymanager.html

If you want to put it in a totally different directory, the only solution I know of is to store you photos where you want, say /myphotos and make an alias to that folder called "Pictures" in you home dir so iPhoto can still get to it.

As far as I know, you need to have "something" called Pictures in your home dir for iPhoto. It must be either the actual directory that iPhoto uses or an alias to the one iPhoto will use.

You don't have to put an alias to your new location. Just quit iPhoto, move the entire iPhoto library to a place that suits you, delete the iPhoto librabry in your home directory and open iPhoto again.
iPhoto will not find your library and aks you, whether you want to create a new library or search for a library.

I use the same process as HMUR to put my iTunes on its own disk, I have a link or an Alians in ./Music/iTunes which point to the disk named iTunes.

Back