iphoto for photoshop users?

galenernest

Registered
A simple question.... why can't I use the "open with" feature to send a picture to photoshop (cs in my case) from iphoto, like I'm able to from programs such as Nikon's picture-project (shipped with my D70)? I thought iphoto would be great for organizing and keeping track of my images, but I primarily use photoshop for editing. Is there a better program for my needs? Have I made the mistake of cataloguing thousands of photos in iphoto just to find that I have to dig through folders on my HD to open them in photoshop, anyways? :(

My details: OSX 10.4.6, iLife 06', adobe photoshop CS

Please bare with me... I'm a recent convert to macintoshism.
Thanks for your help...

No. you haven't. :D

From the iPhoto menu, choose "Preferences..." and somewhere in there (I forget where, I'm not able to check right now)... you can choose what app to use as the "external editor"..... now, you can Right-click and choose "Open with external editor"... bingo. Same thing.

Keep in mind also that if you have more than one application you might want to open the images in (for instance, I typically send images to Photoshop, FlickrUploadr and GraphicConverter depending on what I want to do with them) you can just drag the photos from iPhoto onto the program's icon in the dock.

Back