iPhoto starts when camera connected - how to switch off?

Red Bear

Registered
Hi,
possibly a quick and easy one, but I could not find an option in iPhoto nor in this forum. I am on OSX 10.4.6.

When I connect my camera to my iBook G4 (or the card reader) iPhoto starts automatically. I prefer to import the pictures in the Finder directly. I could not find an option to switch the iPhoto autostart off. Any hints are welcome ... Thanks a lot in advance.

Bernd

Open (launch, run) 'Image Capture' (in the '/Applications/' folder), and then select 'Image Capture's 'Image Capture, Preferences...' menu item.

When the 'Image Capture Preferences' window appears, click on the 'General' tab, and then from the 'Camera: 'When a camera is connected, open:' popup menu - select 'No application'. Finally, click the 'OK' button, and then quit 'Image Capture'.

Hi BarHar,
thanks for the speedy reply - I already found a similar solution here, just after I posted this one, but it didn't seem to work for me.
I am using a German version of OSX so had to search a little. Under MAXOSXHD/Applications there is nothing, had to look at another place. Just found it and thanks - solved. Have a nice day.
Red Bear

Offen Sie 'Digitale Bilder'. Wählen Sie 'Digitale Bilder, EinStellungen' Menüeinzelteil aus. Klicken Sie an den 'Allgemein' Tabulator, dann auserwähltes 'Kein Programm' vom ' Kamera: ' popup Menü. Klicken Sie an die 'OK' Taste, und beenden Sie dann 'Digitale Bilder'.

Back