iPod: Music Appreciation 101

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
Apple, if you're reading this, I just wanted to say thanks from the bottom of my heart for inventing the iPod Nano. My iPod has allowed me to really appreciate music again. As I grew older, I would listen to the radio in my car, sure, and I had a few CDs (not many, though) that I would listen to occasionally. I always hated to mess with portable music (e.g., AM/FM headsets, portable CD players, etc.) because they were always a pain in the butt to lug around and none of them were comfortable nor had good sound quality. But now that I have an iPod, I can truly appreciate the portability of music again. I've compiled quite a library, and I take my music everywhere now. It's wonderful to have music sorted into playlist categories and to be able to listen to a particular type of music to fit a particular type of mood. I had forgotten how much I enjoy music. Thanks, Apple. :)

my ipod changed the way i listened to music. i used to either listen to albums, my cd collection has been well-handled over the years, or i would make compilation cd's. even the compilations were all down itunes, pretty much. it sparked a need for diversity in my listening tastes. when i got an ipod, i slowly began to shun the limit of 80 minutes, a timespan i previoulsy thought about a lot (i've made upwards of about 300 mixtapes on cd-r's). now when i listen to an album, i almost get sick of hearing one artist for that amount of time. it's more the ability to have so many songs in one place, the itunes library. i have a collection i'm very proud of, upwards of 10,000 songs i love.

Holy crap ... 10,000 songs? How could one download 10,000 songs? I can't even *think* of 10,000 songs. LOL

Back