IPod pauses itself

capra

Registered
Hey guys,
My Ipod nano has been working for about two or three months without problem but since yesterday it has started pausing midsong, it doesn't seem to matter what song, lock or un-locked or whatever. It just keeps pausing itself and it's quite annoying.
So any help will be highly appreciated :)

What computer are you running this on? Please provide the specs.

Also, make sure that you're running the latest version of iTunes (freely available from Apple's website).

it's possible that your iPod might need an update. In OS X, when Software update appears sometimes you can get iPod Firmware Updates through it. However, if you're running on Windows then it's possible that you might have to manually download it. Hopefully the latest version of iTunes for Windows (if that's what you're running) wil provide the firmware updates for your iPod nano.

I haven't updated anything on my ipod for my ipod for a long while, but when i did i used a mac mini, i don't know the specs but i'm trying to fix it from a windows computer.
I have the itunes for windows but need the update so i will have to look for it.
Any other reasons this could be happening?
I won't be able to respond to any replys until tommorow evening, sorry but i'm stuck with 56k right now YEUCH!

make sure your headphone jack is securly attached to the iPod, it auto pauses when it can't sense your headphones any more

Try using the iPod updater (provided with any ipod update, or the original is on the install CD), and press 'restore'

it erases the ipod, and completely resets it to factory settings, which may fix it if it's a corrupt piece of the software/firmware.

I will try the software update idea, i have tried several different headphones and the error remains, if it is my trackpad being stuck down is there anything i can do?

Masamune said:
I will try the software update idea, i have tried several different headphones and the error remains, if it is my trackpad being stuck down is there anything i can do?

Yes,
It is possible to push it back up try playing with the track-pad untill you feel a differance.

'Happy Macing'

Charlie

I'm going to an apple store near me tomorrow to get it looked at, there isn't anything i can do to lift it up as far as i know so i will just leave it until i get it sorted there.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions guys much appreciated!

Back