ipod photo problems..ongoing

RosemaryKH

Registered
For some reason my lovely ipod photo has gone weird.
First I plugged it in and itunes and finder couldn't find it, though system preferences could connected to usb port. The screen said "do not disconnect" but there was nothing to disconnect.

I tried re-setting, but couldn't. I tried trashing permissions, deleting keft file no go.
I took it the apple re-seller where I bought it. The tech re-set, re-sapped updater and restored, deleting all info (I had backup on my powerbook)

I took it home, re-load all info. First it wouldn't let me update contacts, calendars using in disk mode, but after after afew re-starts etc would do that. But photo tab was missing so no photos.

Tried deleting updater and receipt, downloading updater, but the updater kept saying "plug in ipod"

Took it back to re-seller, another restore. Said I needed to do an archive and install!

Did that, now photo tab is there and everything else works, but won't sync contacts Says there are no contacts in address book!

Any clues?

I solved this myself!

After reading a lot of stuff on the net. I manually saved the Contacts (Go to Address Book Export Group vcard) and added the saved file to Contacts in the ipod via Finder. Next time I plugged in the ipod it saw the contacts in the Address Book! Weird!

Back