Ipod video photos?

I guess that means I am a geek? :D

iPods syncronise with iPhoto in the same way they syncronise with your music in itunes. You use iTunes to automatically add photos to your iPod, but you obviously need to have photos in your iPhoto library for this to work.

So...

1. Add photos to iPhoto (if you haven't already)
  2. Launch iTunes and go to iTunes > Pereferences....
  3. Click on the iPod icon at the top, then on photos tab
  4. From this screen, you can choose whether iTunes should automatically copy all photos to your iPod from your iPhoto library when connected, or just certain albums. Choose the settings you want, then click OK.

Once you set those preferences, plug in your iPod and all new photos you have in iPhoto will be copied over.

I must say I don't quite understand Apple's choice here to use iTunes as the main synching app. It seems so illogical to have the photos in iPhoto but to have iTunes synch the photos to the iPod. Not very straightforward for new users...

I agree Fryke. I think it's good that iTunes can sync everything from one place, but they should also introduce something like a "send to iPod" item in the Share menu of iPhoto, iCal, and iMovie. iTunes is the last place you're gonna look when trying to send photos to your iPod.

Back