iPod with a classic touch

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
The iPod classic has for it the huge hard disk. The iPod touch has the best user interface, the web browser, WiFi, and the huge screen.

My proposal:
make a link between both iPods so that I can use the huge disk to store movies and watch these on the huge screen when I travel in planes... or use the browser to download data from my company's web site on the hard disk before I show these to customers. When I just want to listen to music, then I un-link the machines and listen to the classic...

Im sure thats their future plan, the problem is most consumers dont like huge change, so you must ease these transitions. And anyways, Im not even sure the touch has a better UI. The scroll wheel was far too amazing, being able to navigate something thats in your pocket is rediculous... But I guess thats more of a luxury, not a neccesity.

I think it's possible they might bring the touch interface to the disk based iPods but going from iPhone to iPod Touch was a really simple step for them because they are almost identical hardware and software wise.

I think Apple is really moving towards all flash memory though because it's so much better for battery life. I've had my iPod Nano for about a week and I haven't charged it yet, even though I've watched about 2 hrs worth of videos, and a few hours of audio every day. It's gotten a little bit of charge for about 5-10 mins every few days when I put new stuff on it but that is it.

I'd like to have a spinning disk in my iPhone (/iPod touch/) because it's convenient, but I have no problem shuffling and managing my media every week or so. Also, I really enjoy the great battery life; it seemed impossible after using my 30GB iPod for so long.

Back