iPod

poetguy

Registered
When I plug in my iPod Mini, the icon shows on the desktop but iTunes doesn't appdear on iTunes. The warning appears in the window of the mini. I've switched cables, which didn't make any difference. Any ideas on what's happening?

iPod Nano right? What does the warning say? Show?

Has it ever worked? Have you tried resetting the iPod and plugging it back in (Holding Menu+Select)?

What version of iTunes? What version of OSX? You need atleast version 7.6 of iTunes for the new Nanos and OS 10.4.9

EDIT: I feel a fool, forgot that iPod Minis actually exist lol. Yeah follow VirgilTracy's guide.

Last edited:
When I plug in my iPod Mini, the icon shows on the desktop but iTunes doesn't appdear on iTunes. The warning appears in the window of the mini. I've switched cables, which didn't make any difference. Any ideas on what's happening?

Did your Mini ship with a Firewire cable? Use that instead of a USB 2 cable as AFAIK, the iPod Mini will only be recognised by iTunes on a Mac if connected using Firewire but of course I may have misunderstood this as there is a bit of confusion out there about this.

iPod mini requires a Mac with a FireWire port and Mac OS® X version 10.1.5 or later (Mac OS X v10.2 or later recommended); or a Windows PC with a FireWire or USB 2.0 port, or a Windows-certified FireWire or USB 2.0 card and Windows 2000, XP Home or Professional.

Grabbed from this link.

USB 2.0 connection is for Windows PCs only or Mac OS X 10.3.4 or later; USB 2.0 cable is included with iPod mini.
Grabbed from this link.

iPod appears on the Mac OS X desktop but not in iTunes

Back