Ipod

nordex

Registered
WELL its time i adopt an ipod and im just wondering if anyone thinks there well be an update?Maybe price drop?::ha::

Nope. Look for special offers or discounts (student, .gov etc discounts). The new iPods came out in May, the likeliness they'll have an update or a pricedrop anytime soon is a lot smaller than the ipod itself.

What size ipod are u looking for, cuz i just bought a 30 GB model for $469 and it also came with free speakers!!! Email me at ptpiz@mac.com if you want to know where to get this kind of deal!!!

Um...if you're looking to buy a car, Volkswagon is giving away 15 GB iPods when you buy one of their cars. Probably a really expensive way to get a free iPod, but thought I'd mention it. :p

Yeah, but that means you have to drive a Volkswagon.

Nordex: Just go ahead and get your iPod. It should last you a long time, regardless of any changes Apple will make to the line.

and also I think you have to buy a Beetle to get the iPod deal, you wouldn't want to be seen in that unless you're a chick..... :p

Viktor

You might want to consider one of the Gen2 iPods, which are still spiffy as you can find discounts from many retailers as well as people wanting to sell theirs. When the new ones came out, I got a heck of a deal. I had had a 10-gig model, but was able to get a two-week-old 20-gig model for half of its retail value because she was intent on getting a newer model since it was thinner than the 20.

I agree the gen2 ipods are really good, the only differences i could see btw those and the newer iPods are the Dock and the fact that they are a hair slimmer and lighter

Gen1:
1. 10-11 hour battery
2. Cheaper
3. Perfect size (the size of a pack of cigs, or a deck of cards)
4. Ability to leave in pocket without having the hold on.
5. 5 gigs

Gen2:
1. Slimmer, sleeker design.
2. On the go playlists
3. More games
4. 30 gigs
5. You can buy it brand new

there's the basic pro's on each Generation. I have a generation one iPod and I love it to death. Best 300 bucks I've ever spent.

Um...actually, the newest iPods are gen 3 iPods...the gen 2 ones more or less look like the gen 1 ones, but have the remote, which the gen 1 ones didn't have.

actually, they were the same thing, because (if my memory serves correctly) they were upgradable to the newest software.

Meh, my 5 gig didn't come with a remote or carrying case, and I have the moving wheel. So say what you want.

yeah its kinda cool if you like the beetle, which i really dont, i want a built-in holster for my windstar, lol

Originally posted by boi
it's Volkswagen, and there's nothing wrong with a volkswagen. =P

I was planning on purchasing a Jetta Wagon or a Passat. After seeing JD Power's 3 yr survey, it's true that VW's have serious reliability issues. They're ranked below average; shockingly, they
ranked as bad as Kia, Hyundai, and Land
Rover. Sad...

lately the reliability has been rather poor, i agree, but i've had very few problems with my GTI. they've fixed a lot of the problems they've had since 2001 (bad MAFs, window regulators, coil packs). anyway, i hardly think a car company like VW elicits a response like "yeah, but that means you have to drive a Volkswagon".

Back