is there a "stand-by" or "sleep" mode in the loggin screen?

kafene

Registered
I created different users for my mac, but i noticed that the computer no longer goes to sleep & the screen saver doesn't come on.

If i have the logon screen, is the computer always "ON"? or is there a way to put it to sleep until someone wants to use it? I only noticed a RESTART or SHUTDOWN button.

thanks !

kafene.

Although there are only "restart" and "shut down" buttons in the login screen, you can still do this.... Press the Power button on your Mac... (yes, the physical one you press), and choose to sleep from there.

btw, No screen saver should come on, but your computer should be able to make itself sleep at the login screen.

Originally posted by adambyte
Although there are only "restart" and "shut down" buttons in the login screen, you can still do this.... Press the Power button on your Mac... (yes, the physical one you press), and choose to sleep from there.

btw, No screen saver should come on, but your computer should be able to make itself sleep at the login screen.

didn't think of that one! :D

kafene.

actually, on the keyboard, press the control key and then hit the eject button. you'll get the same prompt....

Back