is this a good idea? can it be done? would U help?

Browni

Registered
I was making a website yesterday, when i came up with an idea.

I call it Site Veiw

You make your website, drag and drop it into the app, it opens the whole site (all internal/external links as well) in Safari, checking it in all modes (User Agents), taking screen shots, as it goes. It then, places them in a tabled/css html page and ftp's it to a page specified at launch / pref plane.

Can this be done / has it already being done?

What, uh! eh! I thought this is what Photoshop/ImageReady/Go-Live & Fireworks/DW where meant to do (albeit not as "slick" as your way).

Thanks guys,

But i dont really want to pay for it as im going to be using for a lot of time, and i dont think my customers will want their prices to go up.

is there a alternative?

If not what would u suggest i get a book on to learn how to write it?

Adam

I'm still confused as to what you want??

Are you simply looking to make your sites compliant in every browser? If so, go out and buy Designing with Web Standards by Jeffrey Zeldman.

heh. IE isn't compliant with W3C standards, yet its the most widely used browser on the planet. Checking for browser compatibility is a real pain in the neck.

I think what you want is something that can only be accomplished manually right now (go through a website and document every single page in every user agent), unless you have the time to learn some C++.

Back