It's Huge!!!!!

Yeah you're right!

I had never seen the G5 in proportion to anything else, I thought it would be the same size as the G4.

It's a Whopper!!

Mat

its not big.. its tall
but who cares. its a POWER mac.

if u want something small and cute, get an iMac or a laptop :)

Its probably not that huge compared to an atx case, the G4s are fairly compact compared to standard PC.

Hulkaros, it isn't wide enough for you ;)... best avatar I've seen for a while dave17lax :)

Well, I have a Dual G4... with 3 HD in it and I'm going to put a Superdrive in it tomorrow, so I'll have the Combo and the SUperDrive...

The first thing I didn't like about hte G5 is the idea that I could not have it the way I have my G4...

Then there is the easy and really good way a PowerMac was used to be opened... That was really a point in Mac Design over PCs...

And last... now that I've see the picture... and I have my Dual on the table... and it really looks nice...
How can I do that with a G5???

I really hope they will make a normal G5 system too... one day...

I really hope they will make a normal G5 system too... one day...

Me too, though I'm so tired of waiting...

On the other hand, the G5 may finally be powerful enough that I can justify getting one for work. Hope the benchmarks will let me make my case!

Hmm...I wonder what it sizes up to when comparied to other PC boxes.....

And besides, I'm sure Apple will change the PowerMac design as the processor improves....hopefully...

I'm surprised at the reaction of some people to the G5. I think its an excellent piece of industrial design, remember, form follows function! That's exactly what Ive and the ID team did with the G5. Its a very elegant solution considering the cooling etc. And three quarters of the case is made from one sheet of aluminium, which is cool!

Back