iTunes for windows_And praise over music store

xyle_one

Registered
http://www.fortune.com/fortune/technology/articles/0,15114,447333,00.html
........Jobs, however, isn't targeting just Mac users. He plans to roll out a Windows version of iTunes by the end of the year. (Apple already sells a Windows-compatible version of the iPod, which accounts for about half of all units sold.) It is a dramatic departure for Steve, who has deliberately kept the Mac's best features off the screens of the much larger Microsoft-dominated world.........

wierd. i thought that apple had no intention of porting any of the iApps. can anyone verify that this is true?

I would think it's true... Apple is tapping at the door of all the other third-party devices and asking to be let in.

There are so many companies out there trying different things, Apple, the ultimate multi-tasking company, needs to find a way to sell to all those technology savvy PC users. It's actually an intelligent way to soft sell them on the Macintosh. PC users might find themselves saying... "hmm, the iPod isn't that bad, iTunes seems to work very well, maybe my next machine should be a Mac."

Half of using the iPod is linking it to your machine, I'm sure Jobs also just wanted to control the whole experience of uploading/downloading music to the iPod.

Back