iTunes - playing style (problem)

andrefrancis

... yes it's really me!
iTunes has a particular feature which really causes me problems. Suppose I am playing track 14 and am half way through, and I have then skipped forward to track 25 (by double-clicking it). Next time I return to track 14, it starts playing where I left off! This can really be exasperating. I cannot imagine ever wanting to listen to a track from anywhere but at the beginning.

If this is not frustrating enough, when I dock my iPod for an update, any half-played tracks seem to be copied through as they are. Then, while listening to a serial set of tracks (from the iPod) in my car, I get the situation of some of them not beginning from the start. This is totally unreasonable.

I cannot remember this happening in the past. I am on an iMac24 using Leopard and have iLife 08.

Has anyone any experience of this kind of thing happening, and most important ... can you help to solve it?

Sounds like somehow the "Remember playback position" box got checked for all your tracks. Select a track and Get Info on it (from the File menu, or ⌘-I), then go to the Options tab to find the option.

You can change the setting of multiple tracks at once the same way; just select them all before getting info.

Sounds like somehow the "Remember playback position" box got checked for all your tracks. Select a track and Get Info on it (from the File menu, or ⌘-I), then go to the Options tab to find the option.

You can change the setting of multiple tracks at once the same way; just select them all before getting info.

Wow ... thanks Mikuro :eek:

Will check this out as soon as I get home. I have to use a PC at work :(

Andre

Back