iTunes playing up on me :(

Julian_B

Registered
Hi there people :)

Had a G4 iMac since launch. Have always allowed it to upgrade software.

iTunes is now playing up and won't let me load a whole album onto it. It just appears to load it then you find a few tracks missing.

I can't fathom it out at all. It plays CDs fine. It will burn previous things fine. I was going to reinstall system software but couldn't face the possible problems.

I suspect an upgrade may have included some form of anti-piracy thing? Just a thought.

HELP ME PLEASE

:) ;) :D

It is most likely caused by a slightly scratched or off-spec CD. Is the problem specific to that one album? I know I had a couple of CDs in my collection where one particular song on one particular CD just would not rip.
I doubt iTunes would have adopted an anti-piracy routine, since that would stop it from functioning. And we would certainly have heard about it by now.

If a track doesn't rip, usually it has some special characters in the name! Copy the track to disk and rename...

Cheers... beginning to think there is soemthing more serious wrong. Will have another go later and let you know how it goes. (I thought the piracy thing was wrong.)

Back