iTunes randomly missing songs

nb3004

Postmaster General
Recently certain songs in my Library have shown up as missing, however they are still in the folder hidden away in music>iTunes music>..... only they show the time of the song as incorrect. Does anyone know what the cause of this is and if it can be prevented. TIA

here is a pict of the incorrect time on the file, if this is dbl clicked on it loads back in to iTunes:confused: , but is still and inconvenience when a song decides to disappear

Attachments

• wrong time.jpg
    wrong time.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 9
Yea that's happened to me on occasion. It was one song every blue moon, so no big deal for me. Let it be a playlist, or 20 songs, then we have a problem.

same thing happens here...kinda drives me nuts. I'm betting that 20 or 30 out of 8,000 are like this, so its a real pain to find them.

Yeah the same happens here ... just out of curiosity, how large is your Music Library? I have about 2560 songs in mine and I'm wondering if Library size has anything to do with it.

happens here too (2579 songs)

what u can do as a temporary solution is to drag your music folder into iTunes (before going away from ur mac for a couple of minutes that is :D)

Back