Itunes volume

donohomd

Registered
I have a 12'' pb running 10.4.5 and i recently downloaded the update to itunes. i have my computer running to my stereo and have never had a problem with the sound quality. since i have downloaded itunes, i have noticed that the volume has been significantly decreased and the sound quality is very poor when playing songs in itunes. playing them in other players such as quicktime or mplayer2 plays them at the normal level. in itunes i have to turn my stereo up past half way to get what i used to hear at a quarter turn of the dial. is there anything i can do to fix this. i certainly do not want to change music players.

is the sound quality really lower or is it just the output level? if you make sure that there's no equalizer active in iTunes and both the Mac's volume and the iTunes' volume setting is set to maximum, you _should_ get a normal line level to your stereo. if you have to set that a bit louder, that shouldn't be a big problem.

The other problem could be that you have "Sound Enhancer" enabled. From the "iTunes" menu choose "Preferences," and click "Playback". Make sure sound enhancer is unchecked. Click "ok"

it is definitely not either of those things. thank you but this is new since i downloaded itunes 6.0.3. i think it has to do with the software.

it sounds silly, and it is a long shot, but just open garageband. i've heard that this can trigger/sort out some audio-related problems. gives it a quick shove, or something.

Back