I've Gone Blind!

Trip

Registered
Actually I'm not blind, but I have a problem. On my G3 iBook I only get resolutions up to 800x600! I NEED to get it higher than that! I don't care what the risks are, I don't care how bad it will screw me over I NEED to get my resolution higher!
So if anyone can give me a terminal command or a application that can somehow increase my resolution please let me know ASAP! Thank you!

unless it is a 2001 iBook you are stuck at 8x6 screen rez. the clam shell ibooks cannot go higher. its a hardware issue. dont think there is software than can help ya. the 2001 iBook has a native rez of 1024.

Pretty sure that some iBook ksites will retrofit you iBook with a new 1024x768 screen, but it will cost you. Unless you particularly like the clamshell, you might as well wait a few years down the road.

I understand your pain, you have to make a lot of changes to make the OS usable at 800x600.:rolleyes:

If you figure out a workaround to this let me know!

I'm in OS X.1 and as you should know windows can not go any higher than the menu, they can't go under the menu too. So let's say I have this window which cannot be made smaller or bigger but is already too big! It's a huge dialog window really, and the O.K. and Cancel button are at the bottom, but I can't see them because I have 8x6 and it was made for higher resolutions!

If you can understand what I just said then please help! If you didn't understand then tell me and I'll try to re-phrase that. :)

Back