I've Lost Numeric Keypad Control!!

recon

Registered
I don't know what happened, my numeric keypad on my apple pro keyboard just stopped working in OS X. I've tried all options to make sure it's not a hardware problem for example: other keyboards, (same problem) booting into OS 9.2 (numeric keypad works fine there).

I'm stumped, is there a setting I've missed? Please help.

Thanks,

recon

See a similar thread a week or two ago for more details- but turn off keyboard enabling under the universal access prefpane.

Well.. you're close.

What you should do while in OS X is press and hold either the 8, 4, 6, or 2 key for a few seconds and watch the mouse cursor on the screen. If it moves the mouse while pressing and holding any of these keys, then Mouse Keys has been turned on.

To turn Mouse Keys off, go to your System Preferences and to the Universal Access preferences. From there click the Mouse tab and turn off Mouse Keys.

Hope this was helpful...

-kaos : ]

That will work temporarily- but if you don't turn off the "use keyboard shortcuts to turn universal access feature on or off", if you press the option key five times in a row (like, if you're using photoshop or illustrator) or if you press the shift key five times in a row-- the features turn back on and are a general nuisance.

Especially those noises. Oi.

Back