Keeps wanting in

voice-

Registered
I've got a little problem. Every time I turn on my computer it wants to connect to another computer. I have this problem at school and at home. How do I turn off the automatic stuff? It's not the startup-folder.

Could you clarify a little bit? You are on a dial-up modem and it is trying to connect to the internet? Are you not hooked to anything and don't want it to connect to anything? A little more information is required on this topic.

That wouldn't be it. There are options to keep the TCP/IP stack loaded 100% of the time, and there are PPP options to connect only when needed. Now if the TCP/IP stack is on 100% of the time and/or PPP is set to *NOT* connect only when needed, you will get your machine trying to dial into the internet when you turn it on under MacOS 9.

However, without knowing if he is referring to a modem or not, I cannot say this is his/her exact problem.

last time someone had this problem they had their time set to update thru a server. any chance you have this option set?

Fixed it, the problem was through LAN, not the modem. The computer tried to connect to anothe comp, cause I didn't read before clicking. I accesed anothe comt through the Chooser, and clicked those automatic-connect boxes.

Back