[Kerberos & AFP] Authentication problems 10.2

mvdheuvel

Registered
Server: Version 10.3
Client: Version 10.2 & Version 10.3

The server has a couple of shares for several groups of users. These users all use either 10.3 or 10.2. The users with 10.3 have no problems at all connecting to the server and accessing the shares.
It's a different story for the users who use 10.2.:
  1. The users choose "Connect to server..." from menu "Go"
  2. The server appears and the users click "Connect"
  3. The Kerberos authentication window appears and the users fill in their user name and password
  4. An Appleshare error occurs and the users don't have a connection with the server

The server AFP logs show this:
Code:
login mvdheuvel -5023 0 0
logout mvdheuvel -5023 0 0

This error indicates the authentication to AFP failed. When I take a look with the Kerberos application on the client (in /System/Library/CoreServices/) I can see the user has obtained a Kerberos ticket, containing: one part for the Kerberos host on the server and one part for the AFP host on the server. I conclude from this that the authentication to Kerberos has been succesful.

The odd thing is that everything works fine when using 10.3, it doesn't matter which user account I use: I can connect to the server with every account. The connection to the server fails whenever I try to connect from a client with 10.2.

Back