Keychain First Aid

bbloke

Registered
Just to let everyone know, Apple has released "Keychain First Aid" which I found fixed a problem I was occasionally having with Keychain. Apple's document/download can be found at:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107234

Quote:

"About Keychain First Aid 1.0

You may use Keychain First Aid to resolve issues in which:

* A user's .Mac password is not retained in Internet preference pane, as described in technical document 107097, "Mac OS X 10.2: Won't Save .Mac Password".

* Mail and iChat could continue to prompt users for their password after saving it in the keychain.
* A user could be unexpectedly prompted to unlock the keychain after changing account information or Home directory location.
* Duplicate Mail passwords could appear in the keychain, as described in technical document 106546, "Mac OS X 10.1: Re-enter Mail Password After Upgrade".
* Multiple references to the same keychain could appear in the Keychain Access application.
* Applications are unable to retrieve items from a keychain file located on a network volume.
* Saved passwords could not be read if they were created or modified by certain pre-release versions of Jaguar.
* A Keychain dialog can sometimes prompt for permission to decrypt a "(null)" item."

thanks! All my applications always have to make me click "Always Allow" all the time, it's so annoying. I hope this fixes it.

That was exactly the problem I was having! So far so good, since running this little program... Let's hope it stays that way!

;)

that always happens after a reboot.

apparently, the way the keychain works is 'always allow' means 'always allow on this boot' the keychain resets on every reboot. i could be wrong,but that's what i read.

Just to keep you posted, after reading wtmcgee's post I tried rebooting and I am not asked to "Always Allow" again. So I'm hoping this issue has now been fixed by the utility.

:)

Back