Keynote Effects

thebiggedbig

Registered
Ugh... Discovered after getting iWork that two Keynote transitions aren't available because I don't have a programmable video card. So, anyone know where I can see pictures of the Flash transition or the Burn transition? I wonder if they, along with Core Image in Tiger, or worth the purchase of a new graphics card (for my PowerMac MDD G4)? Any suggestions or links to pictures?

Thanks to mind bend, I finally got a preview of the two effects. IMO, the effects aren't really stunning. While the Flash, as was said, may be more professional, I would far rather use droplet or the page turn. They are both more appeasing.

Head over to http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52184 to read an excellent review and to watch the two transitions in action...

the answer to this question is two-pronged, IMO

side a) buying a new graphics for the sake of a few pretty, but on the whole useless, effects, is just petty.

side b) apple is going this way - they want to introduce these effects everywhere - it started with 10.0, and it's carrying on this year, and will carry on. eventually you will need one, but at the moment, you don't *need* one

Back