Labels in AppleWorks 6.0

heathpitts

Registered
I have a copy of AppleWorks 6.0 (6.04 I think) that I run in classic mode on my cube. How do I make a simple sheet of labels (Avery 8660)? I only want one address on them, mine. Three lines of text. I have made a database and used it to create one label but I need it to print a full sheet of labels for me. Please help or post a link for me to go to and learn this simple thing.

There is a trick. I just played around, after trying to read the help.
Once you have selected(opened) the record you want to print, make sure you have Page view selected in the Window menu. Now go to the Layout menu and select browse. Now you need to copy and paste the address. It will automatically fill in the spaces. Keep on doing this until you have as many addresses on the screen as you have labels on the page.
That should be 18 records. Now print.

You should save the document so you can bring it up next time you need to print and you won't need to redo the copy and paste every time.

Thanks!

I finally figured out something along those lines but AppleWorks is awful at printing labels. It doesn't print the bottom portion of the last line. I know this is not my printer because I used Word to do the same thing and it worked fine. So I got everything working well.

Thanks again for the help

Heath Pitts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.heathpitts.com
heath@heathpitts.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back