left and right side missing of widescreen material on 3:4 monitors

macfcp

Registered
I have a widescreen movie that i'm trying to burn in idvd 7. I am aware of the tv crop area and i place my buttons and create my theme around this. However i am curious to know how to fit the movie i am importing inside the crop area rather than have the sides clipped off. Is there i way i can do this? It seems silly that i have to deal with a cropped movie. Any help would be appreciated

I simply can't explain my customers that they can't watch the 1920X1080 HD material just like any other widescreen dvd on their 4:3 tv.

Is there a solution?
What I do now is making a 3:4 dvd in idvd 7. In the latest version of final cut pro, I copy paste my 1920x1080 material into a dv 3:4 timeline, so it gets black above and under. And then make a reference file and drop that into the 3:4 dvd menu. Now it shows ok on 3:4 monitors. On computers and wide tvs it has black on left and right but mostly you can alter teh image on a widescreen tv. The problem is that the high quality image it used to be is now a smaller image that has to be blown up again to fit the screen.

I hope there is or will be a better solution
Does anybody know?

Kind greetings
Mike

Back