Locked Number KeyPad

sirstaunch

Registered
Hi, me again with a little glich.

My number keypad is locked some how and I don't know how I did it or undo it even. It's a bit of a bother as I automatically go there if I need to type a number in a field. Which also causes a bit of a system hang or something sometimes when I'm filling in fields on web pages especially. I cure that by force quitting but cancel when prompted if I 'really want to force quit'. It gives me back control of things that way.

And another thing, how many people actually let the report goto Apple when an error happens when the report to Apple prompt comes up? Just curious :rolleyes:
I send the report personally, guess it'll just help solve issues and bugs

SPECS: MacMini 1.25Ghz G4 OSx10.4.1 TIGER!!!!! 512mb Ram

What keyboard are you using? Apple one? PC-USB? Wireless? Usually, the NumLock button is clearly labelled and can be used to turn the feature off...

Eh, what does Numlock actually do? I'm hazily aware of it doing something back in the fog that was my Windows years (ie. to use the bloody numbers you had to put it on, otherwise it was a rather pointless set of cursor control keys and, if you had it turned on, a mouse on your keyboard - pointless) but I can't get it to do anything on my Mac.

fryke said:
What keyboard are you using? Apple one? PC-USB? Wireless? Usually, the NumLock button is clearly labelled and can be used to turn the feature off...

It's an Apple USB (APPLE KEYBOARD-USA) keyboard and Mouse with no on or off button for the key pad lock :( If only it was that easy :confused:

ziess said:
Eh, what does Numlock actually do? I'm hazily aware of it doing something back in the fog that was my Windows years (ie. to use the bloody numbers you had to put it on, otherwise it was a rather pointless set of cursor control keys and, if you had it turned on, a mouse on your keyboard - pointless) but I can't get it to do anything on my Mac.

I agree, always thought it was a Windogs problem and never stumbled across it on a Mac. Only had this MacMini :D for only two weeks and at one time the number pad was working and now doesn't want to know me ::evil::

Did you check System Preferences Keyboard and mouse?

I am on my iBook which has a built in keyboard... it doesn't have an option but perhaps it is smart and does for you.

Worth a shot i guess.

If you press and hold the number 4 on the numpad for a bit does the cursor move to the left? If so:

System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Mouse -> Mouse Keys: Off

cheers

1,2,3 it worked, holding down the 4 ran the cursor to the left and the Universal Access had the control of the key pad

Cheers :)

Back