Looking for an older Mac...

Nummi_G4

New Rhapsody User
Hi guys,

I am looking for an older Mac to use as a server. I have Mac OS X server (rhapsody). The newest mac I would buy is a G3. I and the oldest would be a 7600. I do not have any money... so a cheap old mac would be best.

How much would you give me for my Beige G3.

Originaly it was a 266 MHZ.

But I have upgraded it to 466.

I'll give you full specs if you are interested.
Post here.

Ok. here are the specs.

Beige G3 466 MHZ (Originally 266)
20 GB HD (Originally 4GB)
256 MB RAM (Originally 32 MB)
6 MB onboard Video
16 MB ATI PCI Video card
Onboard Sound
Onboard 10 Mbit Ethernet
2 USB port PCI
ADB Keyboard, Mouse.
Apple Microphone
SCSI and IDE channels. 3 PCI slots, 1 Nubus
Floppy Drive
CDROM

The upgraded processor is a G4 400 MHZ ZIF CPU.
Make me an offer. If I like your offer, I may throw in a 3 port firewire card.

I just need a machine to run as a cheap little server. (and to play with YDL and Rhapsody). I honestly do not know how much your Mac is worth. Maybe you have a guess ?

I would really like to get about 650 for it.
I can restore it to it's original config and sell it to you at about 300 if you'd like. Or I can just remove the 466 processor, replacing it with the 266 one and sell it to you for about 400.

What do you think?

that is way too much for me. I would have to work a long time for that. I need an older mac. Something just to run OS X server in the background. In other words... I need a cheap Mac.

:)

Do you still think mine is that bad??

I just need to get rid of my machine. I'd rather keep it, but my wife is nagging me because I purchased a cube :)

I am only 17 years old. It woul take me forever to save up $400. I need an older Mac that is going to be really really really cheap.

Heyman - I got a 6100/66 I'll sell you for $30 + shipping...How bigguva HDD do you need? I think this has a 250-500MB Range and no CD Rom...There is an 8100/80 and a 7200/120 in the back room at work, but I think da boss is saving them for the same thing you want to do :p

Lemme know...

Originally posted by jaysonrowe
Heyman - I got a 6100/66

Lemme know...

I have a 7500/100. and it is not powerful enough to run OS X server(rhapsody). I need at a 7600. But I hope I can find something a little more powerful.

Back