M$ low profile on X

Sirtovin

Senior Switcher Tech Guru
I am sorry guys and gals... I do not know where this should be posted... I want people to read this carefully... and give me your input on this please.

It seems to me that ever Since IE Explorer 5.2 for OS-X came out... Everything on the Net has changed or is incompatible...

Take stupid Windows Media Player 7.1 (X) version... Damn thing won't open Media player files with the new 9.0 codec... As for it working with Netscape that too is a joke... but we all know why M$ won't make it compatible with Netscape...

Safari yes is the new kid on the block.. but I would think that the people at M$ should invest in still a Mac comptabile browser or at least have their products work together... etc...

Anyone agree?:eek:

I agree with you, Sirtovin. Although MS doesn't release WMP 9 compatiable player on Mac, I don't see any inconvenience yet. Many of the sites support at least two codec at the same time, i.e. Real, QuickTime, or WMP. Anyways, I don't see how the world would be interupte (how to spell this word??)... :)

Originally posted by ddma
I agree with you, Sirtovin. Although MS doesn't release WMP 9 compatiable player on Mac, I don't see any inconvenience yet. Many of the sites support at least two codec at the same time, i.e. Real, QuickTime, or WMP. Anyways, I don't see how the world would be interupte (how to spell this word??)... :)

The problem is visiting their own sites... like MSNBC.COM... (I can no longer watch the video much with their own player...) It sucks... I just think M$ has done a lousy job with Macintosh followup applications...

Even though they own the World technically lol.::alien:: ::evil::

The whole point is this... You don't buy a car that has say 2 flat tires on it... M$ has an obligation sorta to update their Browser and Windows Media Player so it can view and play most of the modern content. They also should release the codecs to Netscape/AOL etc... (browser support I am talking about.)

Back