Mac compatibility and sony camera

debbiejo2008

Registered
HELP.....My Mac OS X VERSION 10.5.6....iPHOTO, SUDDENLY WILL NOT UPLOAD PICS FROM MY CYBER SHOT DSC- W5. IT HAS COMPLETED UPLOADS ON SEVERAL OCCASSIONS UP UNTIL 2 OR 3 WEEKS AGO. ANY IDEAS?

Two things...

My Sony DSC-T1 stopped working after an OSX upgrade. I found that there was a Sony firmware upgrade for the camera which cured it.

Secondly, open the application Image Capture. This is the program that actually detects the camera is connected and then opens iPhoto. Check that the camera option is correct in the Image Capture preferences.

Finally, if desperate, you can get a card reader and remove the Memory Stick from the camera and put it in the card reader. Mine would then load as normal and open iPhoto.

i have an old Sony Cybershot 3.2 mp camera and a new Sony HD Webbie..... i had to reset the camera settings from the camera menu, and it worked, no issues. I also purchased an external 6 in 1 memory card reader, so that takes even more of the pain away from hooking the camera directly to the computer.

Back