Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger"

jonmichael23

Registered
yeah, its official. Check out the homepage, bottom right hand corner. More information also here - http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/ . Not much, a nice little touch on "Innovation never sleeps" and nice to know that it's codename is Tiger. Simply can't wait until WWDC arrives :)

Well, it's been mentioned in about a dozen threads so far, but only one other dedicated to it, so unless he searched for something first, he wouldn't have seen it seeing as that other thread hasn't been active lately.

Pretty cool though, eh?

Well, I'm for opening this as a features thread...

Does anyone have any info on what's in this release? I haven't heard anything at all and it's killing me!

One thing I'd like to see is HTML (compose) support in Mail.

macgeek said:
Well, I'm for opening this as a features thread...

Does anyone have any info on what's in this release? I haven't heard anything at all and it's killing me!

One thing I'd like to see is HTML (compose) support in Mail.

It's too early yet. The only thing we knew the days leading up to last year's WWDC was that the Finder was going to be brushed metal. Everything else was speculation/rumor (remember Piles?).

cybergoober said:
It's too early yet. The only thing we knew the days leading up to last year's WWDC was that the Finder was going to be brushed metal. Everything else was speculation/rumor (remember Piles?).

Yeah, ok. But hey, I can dream, can't I?

Yeah, cause there aren't *many* non-Apple employees out there who don't know :)
And everyone who does know almost certainly has a NDA on them... :(

Speculation it is then:

Apple's going to ditch the brushed-metal look of the Finder in favor of orange- and black-striped fur. :-D

Back