Mac OS X Server 10.5 Radius authentication for non airport devices

mcgurrin

Registered
We have an Astaro Security Gateway 220 that we are planning to use for VPN and other services, we would like to use our Xserve to do authentication for our VPN like we already do for our other services on the device. To do so requires that we use Radius as the communication protocol between the server and the gateway, it works just fine to test authenticate as long as I don't set a Nas-Identifier for the test but as soon as I do it fails. The Nas-Identifiers are used to determine which services the account has access to and are named logically for that, things like http, pptp, etc. are used. I can't figure out how to get the gateway to be able to authenticate users, I don't need to be able to limit based on user which services they can access, any service that has a restricted set of users other than just valid users will be handled separately outside this system. If anyone can give me any good ideas on how to solve this it would be appreciated, we currently are only looking at radius fore this, while we use airports for our wireless we don't link them into the server currently though there is a slight chance it will happen in the future.

Thanks,
Glenn McGurrin

Back