Mac OSX Tiger Reatil?

careytst

Registered
Where can I get a retail version of this software, without having to pay an arm and a leg?

Or, will Lepard work on a G4 Dual 800 Quicksilver with 1.5 gb of ram?

To add to Hughvane's post, when buying the software, just be 100% certain that the advertised item matches up with the *actual* item, and that the actual item is exactly what you require ... sounds unintentionally cryptic, but you can be deceived by sellers who don't fully understand the product and mis-inform the public by getting the specs/requirements wrong in the wording. Compound this with a buyer that isn't aware of the different OS installation discs out there and the mix can be disappointing.

I've needed to buy both a Retail version of OS 9 & a Retail version of Panther and I nearly got caught out but because I researched a bit I was lucky.

Believe me, it's vital that you do the research before hitting the 'buy' button. Ask here if you want someone to check out anything first ;)

Leopard probably _would_ work on your model, but you'd have to trick the installation, because the official requirements include a 867 MHz G4 processor. Tiger retail is still officially available at the Apple Online Store sometimes (it seems). Can buy anywhere (ebay), but it's really, really important to make sure it's the retail version, since any other version won't work.

Back