Macbook Pro won't wake up..sort of

cmalberto

Registered
Looks like I have developed a problem with my Macbook Pro running Leopard 10.5.2. This has happened twice in the last 4 days. I want to say this didn't happen before I updated the last security update(how to see what I updated last?) but I won't point the finger yet.

Here is what happens. I close my lid and put the Mac to sleep...all is well. You see the breathing white light but what I have seen happen is that someone(yours truely) will bump the mouse or keypad, both USB and the laptop will wake up. You can see the white breathing light go off as well as the Mac emblem on the lid go on. Seconds later you see it go back to sleep. Then when I really want to wake, I open the lid and all I have is a black screen. You can hear the HD spinning and the fans. You can even hear the MAIL notification(if you have mail obviously) sound. But since the screen is black, you can't enter the password to unlock or anything else.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot or anything else as I am new to the Mac. I have searched around to no avail.

Has anyone else seen this or have suggestions on how to go about diagnosing?

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey

Back