MacOS9 for iBook

a_liping_dante

Registered
i know this sounds lame but the truth is i'm not really sure bout this...
so here it is...

can I install MacOS9 intaller of graphite-iBook to iBook2.2 (Opaque 16 VRAM)? i just wonder maybe will not able to load drivers needed by iBook2.2

Originally posted by a_liping_dante
i know this sounds lame but the truth is i'm not really sure bout this...
so here it is...

can I install MacOS9 intaller of graphite-iBook to iBook2.2 (Opaque 16 VRAM)? i just wonder maybe will not able to load drivers needed by iBook2.2

If you "find" the Original OS 9.x.x CDs you can install it just fine... The trick you mention even if it works you may not get what you may think you gonna get :confused:

"Locate" the original CDs of 9.x.x and Bingo! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Supposing your IceBook is OS 9-bootable, you'll NOT be able to have a fully functional OS 9 iBook with an "old" 9.2.2. This comes from my personal experience: going from iBook 600 to iBook 800 I moved all my hard drive with CCC, and ended with a System without video drivers and unable to sleep. Both the System Resources, the ROM and other elements were different, some with numbers just as high as 9.5.3, even if the OS seemed just another 9.2.2.
So I had to install 9.2.2 from the CD that came with the new Book, and wasted some time to do the same, simple thing twice.

BTW, I had absolutely no problem moving OS X (10.2.something, I don't remember where it was at the time).

Back