Macs disconnect from win 2000 server

jayc

Registered
This has haunted me for some time. Maybe you have other suggestions. I have several G5's hooked up to a win 2000 server using AFP to connect. On a random basis a mac will lose connection with the server and lose all mounted volumes. This will be across several servers and multiple volumes on each. The problem will only happen to one or two machines at a time. But overall I'm sure it has happened to all of them, just not at the same time. The disconnected machine could be idle with no one using it to being in the middle of copying or saving files.

The event log on the server will have a MACSRV event id 12061 session timeout and disconnected message. Although, it will have this entry seven when the problem doesn't occur.

I have looked across the internet and tried any and everything that I can find. Nothing has changed.

Any ideas would be appreciated

OS X 10.3.9 - win 2000 server SP3

I have the same problem. However, there are 2 macs and 2 pcs connecting to our win2000 file server. Both macs disconnects every 2 or 3 hours. I have searched everywhere and have not found a solution. should we just upgrade to 10.4? Would that solve the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Back