mail.app errors

.jeremy_a>

Registered
i use mail.app for 2 different accounts and one alias attached to one of those accounts.
I have my auto check for email set to every 5 min, and for some reason when it trys to check for the mail I get an error that says "Fetch error, user name and password specified were not accepted by the server"

now, I know this is some kind of bug, because I can send an email to and from each of the accounts even though I still get this error. I am currently using mac osx 10.1

any ideas?

all but mac.com addresses have only one out going address that you specify. so i can apparently seem to send my email from yahoo.com.br, email.it, libero.it, altern.org or iol.it but still the outgoing server is what i specified.. = i guess smtp.email.it .. so unless that has problems, i still can get an error connecting to iol and yahoo - and i can still send messages from those accounts. was that what you meant?

e.g. i have about 10 diff. accounts in mail. mac.coms have their own out going - the others are together. in case the outgoing gives trouble i need to change the sender address as mac.coms don't allow the other mails to be sent [nor of otehr mail services nor me identified with an other mac.com account than the one i'm trying to send it with.]

Back