Mail

jbaezga

Registered
My friends on AOL complain that they cannot receive my pics as attachments or pasted on the email itself. This has not happened before and I double checked and emailed myself and verified I couldn't see the pics I had sent although Mail had perfect copies of my message. Is this an AOL issue or a Mail issue that has happened since 10.2.5 upgrade. Hope someone can shed some light.

So the copy you sent to yourself did not have the pictures included? Do you have an AOL account yourself that you sent the message to?

-Eric

Yes my copy had pictures but my account on AOL was blank just showed the numbers of pictures., thanks for help

Ugh, I've never liked the way Mail handles attachments. So horrible...

I ditched it for Entourage. (I know this doesn't answer your question)

-Matt

I have had the same problem. It seems that Mail sends all attachments at 2 files...the image and a 1k file of another type. Because the the two files AOL converts them to a .mim file. It is a strange bug and I can't seem to find any help on the subject. But to test...send yourself a file and see if it comes through as something like this:

ATTACHMENT part 2.1 application/applefile
name=pic.jpeg

ATTACHMENT part 2.2 image/jpeg
x-mac-creator=38454C45; x-unix-mode=0644;
x-mac-type=4A504547; name=pic.jpeg

I have no idea what this is...but someone else has reported the same problem in "The Net" forums.

Originally posted by punkmonksf
I have had the same problem. It seems that Mail sends all attachments at 2 files...the image and a 1k file of another type. Because the the two files AOL converts them to a .mim file. It is a strange bug and I can't seem to find any help on the subject. But to test...send yourself a file and see if it comes through as something like this:

ATTACHMENT part 2.1 application/applefile
name=pic.jpeg

ATTACHMENT part 2.2 image/jpeg
x-mac-creator=38454C45; x-unix-mode=0644;
x-mac-type=4A504547; name=pic.jpeg

I have no idea what this is...but someone else has reported the same problem in "The Net" forums.

Back